Message for the New Year

I would like to send my love and best wishes to everyone on here who, like me, are grieving for a lost love one. We are all in a sad place at the moment but I am hoping that 2018 will see us making some progress towards getting better. My New Year resolution is to try my best to come to terms with the loss of my husband, to whom I had been married for 66 years. I have no idea how to do it but when, and if, I feel that I am making progress I will post it on here to give some of you hope that there may be light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Warmest regards, Eileen xxx

1 Like

Hello Eileen

Love and best wishes to you too and I hope 2018 brings you peace and some comfort.

Love is eternal and lives in the heart and soul and our loved ones will always be with us no matter what.

Your husband will give you the strength to move forwards, he will gently take your hand and guide you. That’s what love is.

Love and best wishes

xx

1 Like

Thank you, Lyn, for your lovely and comforting response to my posting. I hope that we all find some peace as we move on through 2018. With love and best wishes. Eileen xx

That is lovely I feel Carol is with me all the time she was my strength and carried me through our 47 yrs together and one day we will be together again

Your Carol would want you to celebrate your love and life together because that’s what love is. Love is not complicated, it does not ask questions and it does not cause grief or pain. Love just is. Embrace it and take it with you wherever you go or whatever you do. She will always be your strength. Death does not separate. Love is eternal. Embrace it, breath it and live it and Carol will be right with you

xx

Thank you all God bless you xx

Thinking of you today as I know only too well and recently, how you must be feeling. Please let us know how it went if you need to talk about it.

Love
Lyn xx

Thank you Lyn everything went very well the service was beautiful and the Church was full Carol my darling wife had a magnificent send off and the weather was sunny Carol will live on in my heart till the day we are together again xx

Although I spent most of it in tears x

It is such a difficult day to deal with but knowing you gave your lovely wife a beautiful send off is a testimony to your love.

Dad’s funeral was a blur as I was afraid to cry in case I spoilt it and it all seemed unreal. When I got home the loneliness hit me and although I didn’t want to be by myself I wanted to privately say my goodbye just by myself with nobody around. I look at the order of service and it still feels like a bad dream but I’m not much help as it’s only been 5 weeks, although feels a lot longer.

I live alone in my own house so I cannot imagine going home to where you lived everyday with the person you lost. I can only imagine how different losing a parent is to a wife/husband/partner. All I know is my dad has been with me since I entered this world 58 years ago and could never imagine him not being here.

Grief sucks but guess it is a measure of our intense love for someone.

Well done for coping with today

xx