Miss mum

Missing my mum so very much. She died last August and just when i think i getting back to myself i am devastated again. Mum was my best friend, we were like sisters. Did loads together and spoke on phone together hour a day…even if we had already been out that day… was there when my son was born and she was a massive part of my life. I find as time goes on it feels worse at times knowing no new memories will be made and old ones get further away. Blood cancer took her away at 63. Was so healthy before. I dont have the same interest in things…keep hoping things will get better…dad died 10 years ago this year, he was 65. Its hard to lose people who know u best.

5 Likes

Hello @Tessaok ,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum and Dad It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment trying to find a new way forward without your mum and you are feeling devastated.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

Thanks Alex i appreciate your message and will take a look at those resources you sent. Thanks so much

Sorry to hear you are struggling. It’s so hard. This forum has been a great help.
My mum was 63 too when she died. My heart breaks for the grandchildren she left behind.
I know what you are going through if you wish to talk. Reach out if you need

Thanks for your message, felt very isolated lately. Sorry to hear about your mum too. Very hard to get past it all…I dont usually use forums as bit all over place with messages but thought got to try something. Glad to hear you found it helpful. I appreciate your message

1 Like

I know what you mean. I’m grinding grief very lonely too. Despite a full house and friends checking in.
I haven’t done forums either but I find talking to others who are going through the same helpful.

1 Like

Thanks, yes always good to speak to people that truly understand and been through similar… got to try something havent we…
Yes even being round people feels lonely doesnt it…

2 Likes

Very lonely. I miss her so much. It really hurts.
Trying to focus on lively memories

1 Like

Yes trying to do the same…lots of lovely memories…

1 Like