Miss my beloved husband so much

Hi Florida
Yes your spot on ……no hand……
I think while they were ill they were still here no matter how poorly they were they were still ‘here’
And our minds wouldn’t let us think about the next step because we were in denial
I never thought how it would be when Paul wasn’t here cos I just couldn’t comprehend it
Never thought about it
Never talked about it
Although early on Paul did say in-general terms it’s hard for the folk left
Think a lot of how Paul would’ve coped
I’m broken totally
As I say functioning…….
My birthday yesterday shit
Christmas will be shit
New year 2023
Then Paul will of passed away last year…. Shit again
Sending big hugs
Xx

4 Likes

I sometimes go out in the car with her brother and his wife. I sit in the back where we had both sat on occasion when we’d all gone out togther. She used to wear her wooly gloves and I sit in the back alone now and look for her hand in her wooly gloves to hold.

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my husband to bladder cancer, just a few days ago on October 16th. It does not make things any different, but I have found that it is a comfort to know that there are others willing to reach out to support you at this saddest if times.

1 Like

Goodness your loss is so recent. I lost my Jo to cancer a year ago on the 18th of this month. She was 65. Second time round for both of us but we’d been together for 28 years. Plenty of people on here will give you their support. We’ve all been through the same thing. Bless you.

3 Likes

Thank you. My husband was 67 and I am 65, we had been married 46 years. It is very strange to be alone.

2 Likes

Hi Pussycat
Welcome
Plenty of support here from folk who ‘get it’
My Paul died 24th July 2022 lung cancer
Strong farmer worked until 5 weeks before he passed away
Paul 68
Me 66 birthday was Monday
Married 44years
Absolutely love of my life
Nothing absolutely nothing prepares you for this
Sending hugs
Xx

3 Likes

Oh I know what you mean Peter. We always sat together on a 2 seater and held hands, I reach out for Brian now when I’m trying to watch tv

1 Like

I lost my husband on the 25th August. Although he was receiving treatment for cancer it wasn’t life threatening and this was totally unexpected. There’s not a minute that goes by where I don’t miss him, and I find it so hard to comprehend what has happened!

2 Likes

Welcome Cathy1
We here are all in the same boat…….
Numb lonely plodding existing but definitely not living
Life’s cruel cancer sucks
Keep chatting on here we all support each other and know exactly how you feel
Our soulmates are gone
Sending hugs
Xx

3 Likes

Hi Cathy. My partner passed away a year ago from thoat cancer. She suffered greatly with chemo and radiotheopy and I was so positive that she would be cured but it wasn’t to be. I miss her dreadfully and disppointment when I was so convinced that she’d recover just doesn’t cover it.

3 Likes

Hi Peter . I feel the same . Just gone a year since my husband died . Throat cancer . The treatment is horrendous. We also thought he would survive . But sadly not . I now wish he hadn’t had the treatment and all the pain he went through. Trying to live so we wouldn’t be parted and me left heartbroken ,lost,and lonely, xtake carex

2 Likes

Hi broken. I assume your husband had to have the close fitting mask that my Jo had to have. Although of course I never saw it I know that it frightened her and she said the nurses would hold her hand while she had the treatment.

2 Likes

Yes peter he did have the mask . I have actually still got it . He was so pleased once he had got through his treatment . He wanted to bring it home to show me . It is in the top of my wardrobe . I hate it . But I can’t part with it . It’s his face .

2 Likes