Miss my dad

Losing my dad feel quite alone ,losing a parent is worse the thing in the world right now , feel I don’t want to work anymore just shut the doors and stay at home

1 Like

Dear @Akeogh

Welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. Grief is so overwhelming, and you are in the very early stages of grief. It will be a rollercoaster ride of emotions with good days and bad days, this is all part of the grieving process.

One of the most difficult parts of a bereavement can be the feelings of loneliness that comes with it, nothing can prepare you for it.

Sue Ryder has a Grief Guide that contains useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief, explore your emotions and feelings and hear from others experiencing grief. When you are ready, it would be worth taking a look at.

Cruse Bereavement have advice on how to cope with the Loneliness . It would be worth having a read to see how it can help you. They do have a helpline on 0808 808 1677 which is run by volunteers, and they are trained in all types of bereavement and can help you make sense of how you’re feeling right now. It may be of help to you to have a chat with them.

If you type in the search bar Loneliness and Loss of a Parent you can connect with members here who have experienced and been in the same position as yourself. The support is amazing.

I do hope the above will be of help to you. Please continue to reach out and take care of yourself.

Pepsi

1 Like