Miss my Dad

I’m not getting past the loss of my father I’m even more miserable now than I was when he passed. I care for mum and have no life of my own. I’m afraid to plan or do anything cos I don’t think it’ll work out I’ve lost my sense of self, my fitness, my health and tbh the will to carry on. I can see no end to this misery.

2 Likes

Hello @Murf23 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community. I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and for sharing openly here. I’m so sorry to read about the loss of your father and how you are feeling. Please know you are not alone and the feelings you have shared are completely understandable, particularly given the additional responsibility you have in caring for your mum.

Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through. I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support but I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to take a look at some of the resources on the Carer’s UK website.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support - I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – keep reaching out.

Take care of yourself,
Megan

1 Like

Hi Murf23
Im so sorry you are struggling since losing your dad.It sounds like you have so much on your plate.just being there for your mum is so kind and caring but such a big responsibility to handle on your own.Isnt there an extra support available to you that will help just give a little bit of a break?Could you speak to your GP to see if there is any.
I have never been in your situation and i wish i could say more to help.
I know life feels hopeless right now as ive been in that place many times myself.Just try to be kind to yourself and don’t forget to look after yourself too, because you matter too and you are not alone.This community will always be there for you.Sending you a big hug x

I’ve been in your position @Murf23, my dad died in 2016 and I helped care for my mum until she died in 2022. You’re in a very difficult position, grieving for your dad whilst supporting your mum, I hope you’re getting all the support you’re entitled to, there is help out there. Keep posting here when you need to & take care.