Miss my mum soo much

Hi I lost my mum in December she was only 51 am 30 I knew she had health problems I didn’t think was that bad till I got a call to say she was in a bad way I haven’t seen her since the September then when I see her she was on a ventilator I fill soo guilty for not making more time with I can’t sleep am on high anti depressants I try be strong for my kids but I feel like some times I don’t even wanna get of bed I pic her in my mum the kisses good bye and hurts soo bad please someone tells me this gets easier coz right now am struggling x

Hi Zolou86,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your mum at such a young age. All the feelings you describe are very common parts of grief, and, yes, things should get easier in time, but it can be a longer process than you expect.

Lots of people feel that they have to be strong for their kids, but it is ok to be honest with them in an age-appropriate way - to tell them you feel sad because you miss their grandmother. This lets them know that feeling sad sometimes is normal, and they can talk to you about it.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site, as you are not alone here - there will be other users who understand some of what you are feeling. While you wait for more replies to this post, you may be interested to read and reply to some recent posts from others who’ve lost their mum, such as these:

Sam and Julie have posted here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/lost-without-my-mum

Cheryl has posted here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/life-after-bereavement/dreams-about-my-mum

If there is anything I can help with, or you have any questions about the site, just let me know.

Priscilla
Community Manager

Hi priscilla thank you for your reply it’s all such mixed emotions I should open up maybe with children coz I tend to hid it like mummy ok I am glad ive fount this page was have a melt down over it yesterday been to cemetery but every one has good at bad days x

Hi I lost my mum last may and I have been looking after and supporting my dad who is disabled it takes time be kind to yourself this site I found really helps to just let it all out and write about how your feeling and hear from people who are in the same boat it’s coming up to my mums aniversary and it turns out I’m not coping as well as I thought sending love and hugs