Miss my mum sooo much

Hi there, I’m reaching out here as I feel no one around d me understands or wants to.
I lost my mum a few weeks ago, she was only diagnosed with cancer 11 weeks before she sadly passed away. It was a rollercoaster of 11 weeks.
The first couple of weeks we were so busy with funeral and other thing s that I actually felt ok, after that and everyone else has gone back to normal and I am really starting to feel my mum isn’t here. I really want to call her and I can’t.
We had a family dinner yesterday and I felt so overwhelmed and so alone at the same time, even though people talk to me I felt like I couldn’t say I’m totally broken, I just kept saying I’m OK. Then one aunty said to me, your mum had symptoms and did nothing - NOT true. I felt so upset that she said that and thinks that, my mum went to doctor as soon as she noticed this is not right.
Anyways I’m really feeling so alone and like I don’t want to do anything right now. I feel a bit let down by the lack of support from other members of family. But I should know better after my dad died that they were hardly there too.

I wish my mum was here, so badly.
Anyways just reaching out because I feel really lost and scared and sad and everything.

I feel bad for crying in front of people too.

Feels really unfair to loose both parents too, why me and why my parents!?

2 Likes

Dear @Missmymumanddad

Welcome to the Community, I so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum.

One of the most difficult parts of a bereavement can be the feelings of loneliness that comes with it, nothing can prepare you for it.

Sue Ryder has a Grief Guide that contains useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief, explore your emotions and feelings and hear from others experiencing grief. When you are ready, it would be worth taking a look at.

Cruse Bereavement have advice on how to cope with the Loneliness . It would be worth having a read to see how it can help you.

If you type in the search bar Loneliness you can connect with members here who have experienced and been in the same position as yourself.

There is a free Grief Coach Text Service which sends personalised text support to you, your friends and family. This enables them to support you. This would be very helpful.

I do hope the above will be of help to you. Please continue to reach out and take care of yourself. We are here for you.

Take care.

Pepsi

Hi, so very sorry to hear about your mum xxxx i lost my mum 4 wks ago to a stroke , i have my dad in hospital with last stages of dementia , i really dnt know how we should feel im constantly think i must go over and see mum or i keep thinking she is in hospital , i try and be strong for my dad and my 11 yr old and feel i neex to keep going even though i feel like falling apart xxxx

1 Like

Hi I’m really sorry for you loss. I lost my mum in October too and it was only around 12 weeks from when she first had a seizure then we found out it was tumour then we heard it was aggressive and then she passed after quickly going downhill. It was just a series of bad news then the funeral and it wasn’t till I got back to ‘normal life’ that I started breaking down randomly and feeling really strong waves of hurt and sadness.
My mum was so healthy before she had the first seizure she’s ever had and she went to hospital right away. We never would have predicted that she had a tumour forming in her brain as she showed no signs at all.
I’m sorry you’re not getting the support you so desperately need right now. It’s so hard to explain your emotions to other people
Take care
:white_heart:

1 Like