Miss my mum

I miss my mum so much. Some days I can cope then days like today I feel so low and all I want to do is talk to her. Hear her voice. It’s been 4 months since she left us. I can’t speak to the only sister who I have contact with as she too wrapped up in her own grief and doesn’t realise I’m grieving as well. So I’m facing this on my own. I get through the day as my work keeps me busy but today I’ve kept to myself as I’m low and the people I work with I don’t get on with as in to talk to I don’t have any friends who I can tell how I feel. I’ve been on my own for over 20 years and don’t see that changing. I always had my mum at the end of the phone to talk to. Today it been a hard day for me.

5 Likes

I can so relate, I can’t talk to my only sibling (because we grieve differently) and I have no other family or friends who I can speak to either. It’s awful trying to cope alone. This forum has been an outlet since I lost my dad, but every day is torture and you can only keep busy to a certain degree. Sending you huge hugs. :people_hugging:

1 Like

I understand, when I’m not at work I have sad days and reflect on a lot of memories. I’m still in the flat I shared with mum so I see her photos daily. I try not to think about it too much as it does gets me emotional. That’s the hardest part living alone with the memories of mum.

2 Likes

I understand your thoughts and feelings.
Its a year since my Mum passed away and 3 years this month since my Sister passed away with Cancer.
I feel so Low sometimes i have to force myself to do anything.
I work but dont like where i am and dont want to talk to people.
I just want peace to do nothing.
No one can match the bond i had with my Mum,and i feel sadness to have lost my sister too,i have 2 brothers but they dont seem to have quite the same feelings as i do.

2 Likes

You sound like my sister who lived with my mum, I try to support her the best I can, even though I am battling with my own grief. I do understand how hard that will be for you.
My sister is at the stage where she won’t leave the house. I do try to help her with that.
Men react different to losing someone and like you they have lost their mum and sister and though they may not show it will be dealing with it their own way.
I am sending you a virtual hug and if you need to talk we are here for you x
I hope it helps that you are not alone xx