Miss my NaN

I lost my nan just over a year ago. She wasn’t just my nan she was my best friend, my mum and my comfort blanket. I miss her so much and I can’t get over losing her. Its destroying me and my relationship with my fiancée and my 5 year old son. I’m on antidepressants but they don’t work at all. Please help me. Xx

Hi Lisa,

I’m part of the team here and want to welcome you to this community. I’m so very sorry for the loss of your nan. It sounds like an incredibly hard time for you.

It also sounds like your relationships have been affected. You mention your fiancée, is he being supportive?

I’m glad you’ve taken time to go to your GP. Do you think it would be helpful to arrange another appointment if you don’t feel that these antidepressants are effective?

Take care,

Kate

My fiancée is a women hun. She is supportive but she finds it hard to cope with my mood swings and nastiness due to depression and the pain of losing my nan. I’ve also started drinking too much to numb the pain and I lose control and break down. I went back to my doctor yesterday and I have been referred to a councillor. I’m really not coping at all. I have also been self harming. The pain just won’t go away.

Hi i am sorry to hear how things are for you right now I have been through what you have and more recently in fact just a month ago the loss of my brother. Keep talking about your feelings get them out don’t hold them in and don’t drown them in alcohol which I had been doing. This site is helping me a lot and if you want to talk to me even privately then send me a message I have been through so much.xx

1 Like

Hi Lisa,

I’m so glad that she’s supportive and understanding. It sounds like you’re going through a lot at the moment and that you’re feeling very overwhelmed.

I think you could really do with some support and I’m glad you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here and to your doctor.

There is lots of other support out there. The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org).

The bereavement charity Cruse also offer free support. Their helpline is 0808 808 1677 and available Monday-Friday 9.30-5pm, with extended hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, when they’re open until 8pm.

If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999, go to A&E or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,

Kate

My doctor is referring me to a councillor. As I have other problems too. But I am finding a lot of support on here about the loss of my nan. I havnt hurt myself since last week now and havnt had a drink in 3 days. I am trying my hardest but it seems to be getting harder the more time passes xx

My family don’t have anything to do with me so that makes it harder too. I only have my son and my fiancée. Xx

Hi Lisa

Just seen your messages and so sorry to see about your Nan. It’s a horrible time isn’t it.

Just wanted to say please don’t self harm. I did a few years ago for unrelated reasons to my joining this forum and don’t think it helped me at all. It hurts too much anyway!

Try to think of the good times and memories as i am sure you have lots of those. Be strong and remember you have lots of cyber friends on here.

Mel
Xx