Miss them both

Still grieving for my dad an sister. I’m getting married in 22 days I really wish they was here. I miss talking to them every day it so hard
I put a smile on so no one knows the pain I’m in.

1 Like

Hello jackson.neil78,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling . I’m so sorry to hear about your dad and sister. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Rhi

Oh I’m so sorry that your loved ones won’t be there for your special day. It is always hard when there is a celebration and someone we love isnt able to share the day with us.
Perhaps you could recognise the loss you feel by having a table with some photos or by mentioning them somewhere in the day.
I’m sure they will be there in spirit and would want you to have a wonderful day, even if it is tinged with some sadness for you.
I hope the day goes as well as it can. Xx

2 Likes

I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and all the loved ones that had gone were remembered like @roni52 suggested.
There was a table with photos of them on. Including my husband who had only left us a few weeks earlier.

It was really moving and a lovely tribute to those who couldn’t be with us. Those that we’d never forget

Sending a hug
X x

1 Like

I’m going to do the momory thing I think it will be great to have them there with me. Some people say u have to put it at the back of your mind but I can never do it. I know they will be with me.

1 Like