Missing her 💔

Its been 8 weeks today since we lost our beautiful daughter due to a relapse of her cancer. She was diagnosed Dec 2019 with a brain tumour, she rang the bell Sept 2020. She was rushed in on her birthday in Nov 2020 where we were told the cancer had returned and it was incurable and told we had weeks. Just 4 days of having that scan and being 11 for only 6 days, she passed away in hospital with only me and her dad by her side. We never got chance to have her siblings come and say goodbye or make memories with her. I feel like im just walking in a daze around here and finding it so hard with lockdown and not being able to have visitors etc. Im crying too much and having horrendous flashbacks. I feel like there is hardly anywhere to turn to and even asking hospital and GP for guidance I feel like im just waiting just for help.

2 Likes

Hello Leanne,

I am so sorry to hear of the very sad loss of your daughter. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Also you can reach out to The Compassionate Friends. They are there for families who have lost a child of any age. 0345 123 2304 https://www.tcf.org.uk/

Maggie’s Centres also offer bereavement support groups (cancer-focused). Find a centre: https://www.maggiescentres.org/our-centres/

Please know we are here for you.

Take care.
Audrey
Online Community team

Dear Leanne,
I am so sorry you have lost your beautiful daughter. It is very early days and I’m sure you are still in shock. Such a terrible trauma.
Here, we have all experienced the loss of a child although in all different circumstances.
Be kind to yourself and take things one step at a time.
Try and keep posting as we will always listen and reach out to you. Sending you a big hug xxx

I am so sorry about your daughter, I know what it’s like to lose a child your story is so heartbreaking. Having hope then it taken away from you the pain is unbearable. It’s hard isn’t it to be suffering so much yourself but still have to look after everyone else and make sure there ok.
I looked for help from hospitals and doctors and they didn’t help. To be fair I don’t think they could, they can’t take away our pain and thought. All you can do is take it minute by minute, second by second.
Maybe write about your beautiful daughter. Tell us about her.
Take care and lots of love and prayers being sent to you and your family