Missing mum

Hi my mum died 2 years ago. I have not delt with this loss very well. I keep everything locked inside. I have an autistic son who gets upset when I speak about mum. And I have just found out my dad has terminal cancer

Hello @Zoe1980 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you feel like you have not dealt with the loss of your mum well. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum and now the news of your Dad’s diagnosis. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to have a look at Winston’s Wish - for bereaved children and their families. (Online Community members should be 18 or over, but may be looking for advice on how to support children in their family with a loss): 08088 020 021, http://www.winstonswish.org.uk/

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi Zoe1980. My Mum died suddenly nearly 4 years ago and today has been a really bad day for me. Just want you to know there are many of us unfortunately going through the same. Im so sorry about your Dad things must seem impossible for you. Sending strength x