Missing mum

I lost my mum 8 months ago unexpectedly quick after a cancer diagnosis. I was devastated, she was my rock and carer of my young children when I worked.
I havent been able to work and have been off sick with stress. I have now been made redundant from a job and career I have loved for 20 years, I feel like im grieving again for another loss and back to the start.
I feel like im battling to get through each day, life isn’t getting any easier.
I really need her support right now,miss her so much.

3 Likes

Dear Peony2,
I lost my Mum in April,i havent felt right mentally since.
I miss not being able to talk about issues and family.
A year ago i was made Redundant,it was a job i loved,it was my haven to get away from issues too.
It felt like a Bereavement,im working again,but im not happy in the place i work.
Every day goes feel like a Battle to get through the day.
So i totally understand how you are feeling…
We have to deal with each day the best we can,its not easy…Take care of yourself.x

1 Like

Sorry to hear you are going through the same. I would talk to her about everything and find myself going to the Crematorium when i have decisions to make or just to think things through. What helps you?

1 Like

We havent laid mums ashes yet,but she will be 3 hours drive from where i live,so wont be able to visit as much i would like.
I have a book that i write my thoughts in,but its not the same as talking to Mum.
I wish you well Peony2

1 Like

Could you keep some of her ashes to scatter near you? I have kept some of my mums to either put in a ring or scatter somewhere when the time is right. Xx

1 Like

Hi, sorry you are having such difficult times with your grief. The loss of a parent is devastating and the grief is life changing. To have lost your job as well is adding to your suffering. All you can do is try and find the strength to get through these tough times. I lost my Mum nearly six months ago and I am up and down with my grief. Like you, my Mum was someone that I would talk through my worries with and she would offer advice. Now that she’s no longer here, I try to imagine what she would say. I have some of her ashes in a flower pot in my garden so I’ll go out and sit by the beautiful flowers in her pot. I find just this simple connection quite comforting. Best wishes, take care xx

2 Likes

That sounds a good idea to have some of Mum’s ashes with me.Thank you.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you have lost your mum, I am in the same situation, lost my mum to an unexpected cancer diagnosis, just 2 months ago, life just feels so unreal, I can’t believe she is gone, mum lived with me, the house has so many memories of her, I feel so lost and heartbroken.

2 Likes

Morgan,
I’m so sorry for your loss.
Life is changed in a way no one can understand til it happens to them.
I hope you have family and friends to support you through this difficult time…Take care of yourself…

2 Likes