Missing Mum

I lost my Mum 17 months ago and i still cry everyday. I miss her so much she was my best friend. Everything reminds me of her.
I wake with a start reliving the moment when she passed and it takes my breath away.
I thought that time would heal the pain and in some ways its has as its not as raw.
But I do feel that a massive hole has been left that can never be filled.

She was such a lovely, funny and kind Mum and Gran . It breaks my heart that she is missing so much.
I’m also so angry because she was badly let down by our local Drs and her care in hospital was terrible. I feel guilty as i didnt question or ask enough at the time. I know i should of made a formal complaint but didnt have it in me.
I dont know if ill ever get over losing her

1 Like

@JT27 sorry for the pain of your loss. It’s so very hard to adapt to the death of a much loved parent. I don’t think you do get over such a loss but you learn somehow to live around it. It takes a very determined focus to positively fill your life with renewed energy and happiness though. Do you have family or friends to support you in this? Perhaps counselling might help you to see a way forward? My Mum died in January and I have found it difficult but I hope that in time things will become easier. Best wishes xx

Hello @JT27

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum that brings you here. I am so sorry that things are so difficult for you right now and you are feeling angry and heartbroken.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

You may also find this Sue Ryder article useful, take a read when you feel ready. Losing a parent - coping with the death of a parent | Sue Ryder

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Sarah

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to message, I am so sorry for your loss.
I do think time is a healer, and you are right having family to support you makes it easier and my husband and kids have been understanding.
Having to keep going for them and returning to work definitely helps.

Its all the moments when you think you see them in the street or a song/ smell reminds you of them to then realise they are no longer here…

I hope that you have support as you are still going through that really tough 1st year.
Having this outlet to see that you’re not alone is also helpful.
Sending love .

1 Like

Ah yes, all those little triggers that give a jolt of grief… so very hard. :cry: xx