Missing Mum

Missing mum so much, I have a cry every day. Just received my latest text from Sue Ryder Grief Coach that has upset me. It suggested I might be feeling relieved over my mum’s death, I’m probably being too sensitive but mum didn’t die after a long illness, she died unexpectedly in hospital. The inquest is next week. I’ll never feel relief that she’s gone :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Don’t take it to heart! Even if the service is personalised I imagine they write some general things just to cover all the bases and this seems like such a message. But it was unlucky it came just now with the inquest next week. :worried::people_hugging:

2 Likes

I know what you mean - I don’t like readying anything about feeling relief (my dad loved his life and truly enjoyed every moment, lived life to the full, and kept on top of his health, was fit as a fiddle but was never allowed to see a GP, so was never diagnosed with a furred up artery).

Another thing I don’t like reading, simply because it doesn’t apply to me, is about if you had a difficult relationship with your loved one. I adored, doted on and cuddled my dad every chance I got.

I suppose the messaging is never going to be truly tailored to us as individuals :yellow_heart:.

2 Likes

I look forward to receiving these supportive texts but this one made me cry.

1 Like

Replied to their email and they apologised and said they would be more careful about who they send that email to. It was nice of them to reply :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

is it worth signing up to the bereavement part of here ?

I’ve signed up to the bereavement texts, they are good apart from that one. I look forward to receiving them and they generally help.

I agree with you Victoria. I know they have apologised to you but I would feel exactly the same as you. To be honest I cant get over those words.
Thinking of you
Deborah x

1 Like

Missing mum. I had a nice day today, normally I would come home and tell mum all about it but can’t anymore and that’s made me feel really sad.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. It is so sad not being able to share your news, day or just general chat with your mum. I often used to ring my mum when I walked to pick the kids up from school. So many times I’ve gone to get my phone and call my mum and then remembered… it washes all over you again. My mum would just listen, no judgement, just care. I really miss that. I really miss her. So I understand and send you best wishes.

1 Like