Missing my beloved mom

My darling mom passed away in June .She was very elderly but she was my mom . I can’t believe she’s gone , she was my soul mate and I thought we would always be together . I can’t imagine never seeing her again. I’m sure she is with my lovely dad now but it’s so hard :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Hi im so sorry for your loss , ilost my mum a year ago in aug. Its the worst pain ive ever felt. My mum
Had dementia but in 3 years she went down hill
And we had to put her in a lovely care home. I live up
North and she lived down south. I miss the txts the phone calls and just her. No one tells you how to live without your mum! Before she had denentia we we so close even though i lived away. It felt like i was grieving as i was slowly losing her. Covid kept us apart for 18mnths and then i went to see her but i saw there was nothing in her. But i sat with her everyday chatting and slowly she laughed or frowned and i thought shes lovked up in her mind somewhere. One of the days she just looked at me and said hello my jak jak and then that was it nothing more. Came home and two days later we got a call to say we needed to go down. My sister and i sat with her for 36 hours talking , stroking her telling her though we didnt want her to leave it was ok for her to go. Oh she was my best friend we talked and laughed about so much we all know that day is coming but we dont want it to she was 86. I am in bereavement councilling and if someone had said a year ago that id feel diff now id of laughed. But with a lovely councillor and a lot of screaming into a pillow howling and crying i am at a place where i am learning to accept it and realise my mum was loosing her dignity and i wouldnt want her judt laying in bed asleep. I know she is up there waiting im sure well i hope. I talk to her photo daily. And my councillor lady i have opened up too and it trully does help. My heart goes out to you and i still have days i stay in bed and cry. Please take each minute as it comes and go with the flow of it. Last mothers day i stood crying in card factory as it was the first year no card but automatically i picked one up. Dont be hard on yourself . Xx

2 Likes

Hi Jakes . My mom had dementia too . It’s as if she was disappearing before our eyes 🥲. She still knew us up to her death but was getting worse by the day . We sat with her at her wonderful nursing home the day she passed , and just peacefully drifted away from us . She was 95 .
Thankyou for replying to me . I’m so sorry for your loss too . I’m thinking of having some help too as I’m really struggling 🥲
Lynne x

2 Likes

Dementia is so cruel. Yes please if you feel you need some help then get it. I find talking to someone i dont know but who u derstands grief a great help. Like i ay good days and bad just go with it. Big hugs and i hope you start to find a little peace xx

1 Like

My mum sadly passed away at home after an illness on 28th March We lived together and done everything together we were so close
To say my heart is breaking is an understatement I am so lost without her . I cry everyday. What upsets me is the thought that she might be on her own which I know she would hate I just wish I knew she was alright and free from all her pain She was so brave
Wendy

3 Likes

I really feel your pain, like you my mum was my everything she died last June and then my beautiful sister died in feb this year, followed by the family dog. My mum was my best friend my love for her will never die, she died in my arms after struggling for many years with cancer. I miss her every day and especially now the darker evenings are with us, I can only emphasize with you and like myself hope that one day in the far future we might feel alittle better and stronger emotionally, much love and hugs karen77 x

1 Like

I cry everyday it has been a year now since I last saw my darling mum, I miss her so much, she was everything a mum should be - loving, caring, generous and gentle always there for you no matter how old you got. My life is empty and I will never be the same again, I adored her , that in conditional love that asked for nothing will never be found anywhere again. You take care karen77 x

1 Like

I am in exactly the same position as you. My mum was everything to me and we lived together. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement I loved her so much. Life is so difficult without her

1 Like