Missing my brloved

Today i was at work when i heard by beloveds favourite song it was played at his funeral. When i heard it i started to cry😢 i couldn’t help it i was shaking and sobbing. It brought it all back i couldn’t stop.

1 Like

That must have been really tough for you today.
Best to just let the tears come when this happens - it’s so hard when there is something that reminds us of our loved ones. And there are many things that remind us when we are grieving.
Take extra care of yourself this evening, and try get some rest. I hope there were people around who could offer some comfort today.
Sending a big hug your way xx

1 Like

If I hear any of his funeral music I have to turn the radio off. Goodness knows even that will stop.

Extra sad today as it would have been our 43rx wedding anniversary.

1 Like

This will be a tough day for you today I’m sure. Just take it as it comes I think - you never know how these days can pan out.
Have you any plans ?
Try remember that the pain and hurt is just all the love you had for one another. It’s just not sure where to go at the moment and so is like a huge ball of mess taking up all your head and body space.
Big virtual hug for you today. Xx

2 Likes

I cant watch the tv shows Gra liked i turn the telly over just so i dont hear the music. Life is pretty shit at the moment. I had a really bad day yesterday and when i told my daughter i wanted to die she put the phone down on me. I havent heard anything from her. I am trying real hard not to cry in front of my 3 year old grandaughter but omg is it hsrd. Xxx

1 Like

Thank everyone for replying as i gives me great comfort to know im not the only one going through this.:heart:

1 Like

Jevncute, try not to judge her, it may be she couldn’t take hearing that, she may be suffering more than she shows but only you will know that, children, whatever their age see things differently, whilst I struggle every day, I asked my daughter if she struggled too, no was the reply, I know she loves her mum, I know she misses her a huge amount but she is dealing with it in her own way, I try not to give her advice as she is 46! my wife always said, “she’s a grown woman now” whenever I treated her as my little daughter.
Don’t fall out with your daughter, try and settle things, we need people around us who do care even if it’s difficult for them to show it.

I know your right Swift i did sayvi was sorry. I understand she might be hurting too and i would do anything not to hurt her. I said thexwrong thing to her yesterday was a really hard day and i did say i was sorry. It hurts so much i feel like i am going mad. I just want my husband back and my life. I want to be held by him and to hear him say its all going to be ok. Xxxx

1 Like

I am sure she will realise and understand. I have only been on here the last couple of days, I lost my wife 4 months ago, to outsiders it can sound like quite a long time but all of us on here know it’s nothing, I am doing the 1 hour or 1 day at a time and it is the hardest thing to do but your understanding and coping with what has happened does adjust a tiny tiny tiny bit, the desperate feelings have a little less savagery about them, there are days when you don’t believe it and you cant believe that yesterday things felt a tiny bit better or maybe tomorrow? it is one day at a time.
I have found this forum to be very helpful and comforting, everybody “gets it” so you are not alone, take care.

Ty Swift i understand what you are saying i jjust feel all alone idont goout aa i suffer from agrophobia. I have no friends to call on xxx

I’m struggling to get over losing my partner Ann passed away six weeks before Xmas and things have never been the same
I’m wondering if everyone else has the same problem as me things that we used to do together I can’t do anymore simple things like TV programs every time a programme comes on we used to watch together I turn the TV off
We used to have a takeaway every few weeks but since Ann passed away I can’t stand the thought of a takeaway other things that have changed for me is my confidence has disappeared I have autism and I have a disability that means I can’t stand or sit for very long and Ann was my confidence because I don’t have any family or friends all I do is walk around the house all day waiting to get back to bed

1 Like

jevncute, I am sorry you are having such a hard time, please keep posting and express your feelings on here, although people do not “know” each other on here it’s as close to having friends without actually meeting them, in fact, from my limited experience here most people are often better than friends you may have at home, the big thing, people on here DO understand you, we have all been through or are all in the same situation, we have all had the same feelings and experiences even the ones that appear totally irrational to non grieving “normal” people! so keep communicating.
Sharing this heartache with you.

1 Like

Thank you so much Swift , I know I am not the only one suffering but it just feels so isolating. I have just had a visit from the Dwp about my benfits. Its so hard at the moment . I just like here another human voice. I lost my telephone buddy earlier this year. We spoke every day sometime 2 to 3 times a day. She like me suffered agrophobia and we both would ring each other if things where tuff. Xxxx