missing my Dad

this might sound absolutely crazy, especially as my Dad died 4 and a half years ago, but recently, I’ve found myself feeling quite down that my Dad isn’t here to see the things I have achieved or will achieve in the future, like I recently spent a year studying & living abroad for my degree and there was so much of that time that I wished I could have shared with my Dad, and I’m meant to be graduating in the next couple of years and it’s making me sad that my Dad won’t be there for that either.

That is not crazy at all, quite the opposite! You have achieved a lot in the past few years and it is natural to miss your dad even more at the big milestones and turning points where he would have been there to support you.

1 Like

Hi EmBeth
I lost my mum when i was 10, 4 days before christmas, that was in 1995 and i feel down when i think what my mum has missed me and my brothers have achieved. she would of been a grandma for 18 months now if she was with us and she would of loved that. i know what you are going through is hard and i find it best to think of all the good times you had with your dad and to carry on with what your doing and make him proud.

1 Like