Missing My Grandad

Hi My Name Is Helen
Today I Am Struggling As It’s Been 19 Months Since My Grandad Passed Away And Because It’s Nearly Christmas This Will Be My Second One Without Him I Just Wish He Was Here So That I Could Speak To Him As I Always Had My Christmas Dinner With Him So The Struggle Is Real I Miss Him So Much I Was Very Close To My Grandad Aswell Always Got Me Through Anything No Matter What :frowning:

Hi Helen
I’m sorry you are struggling at this time. What do you remember most about Christmas dinner with your granddad?

1 Like

Hello
I remember loads of things about Christmas Day with my Grandad.
Firstly Me, Mum, Auntie, Uncle & Grandad we would all be sitting in the living room opening all are presents off each other and then we would wait abit while My Mum makes the Christmas Dinner as My Grandad wasn’t too good on his legs to be standing too long to cook but anyway we would all sit around the table and I would always sit by my Grandad and we would have a nice glass of Champagne with are Christmas dinner and once’s we finished then we would pull are Christmas crackers and my Grandad loved the jokes out them and sometimes my Grandad would tell me Stories from years ago way back before I was born

1 Like

Have that glass of champagne and tell that cracker joke.

1 Like

Absolutely raise a glass and laugh at some awful jokes.

1 Like

My brother and sister in law have had a beautiful decoration for their tree made with grandma written on it for their kids to remember mum, maybe you could do something similar? Or get a bauble to fill yourself… put in a champagne cork and a joke from a cracker.

1 Like