Missing my little boy

My depression as been with me for 52 years but when you talk to counselors they dont understand about how your feeling when they say you dont look like you have depression what are you suppose to look like be all happy . I miss my little boy so much i dont understand i have felt like i am treading water and getting no where i have felt so broken :broken_heart: :disappointed: and they tell me to go to meetings and get hobbies it takes me all the time to either shower or get dressed on a morning

3 Likes

Hello Sue51

Iā€™m sorry to hear how you are feeling :blue_heart:

Iā€™m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care, Rhi

If my son looked like he had depression, I would have been able to act ! what a silly thing for a counsellor to say. I tried some sessions she was a general councellor and kept going on about its now my time in life so need to plan things for the future and what she did with her relationship clients , she had no idea of the pain of child bereavement ( fortunately) .

Hi everybody out there grieving the loss of their child whatever age.I am a widow of 13 years this Sunday 18th and 2 years March 9th of our son our only child.I know Counsellors have helped people and thats great but not for me.My son had addiction issues but he was my life the love and support he gave to me when his dad died kept me going.He was kind funny .He suffered so much with COPD and cancer but his kindness and care for me continued till the end.Everything that needs to be said has been said so I dont feel a counsellor would help.I miss my son I want him back I cant have him back I cry each day and try to live around my grief.I have no choice but to carry on.I would like to have a strong faith to think I will see my two men again but sadly I havent.But they did have a strong faith and that does comfort me.Love to you all .The loss of a child is unbearable and sadly will be forever.xxxx

1 Like