It is 12 months last month since my mum passed away. I have been struggling the last few weeks more than I have been. My younger sister is going to help me do a self referral at weekend for more counselling sessions. I am finding life really hard and think I need talking therapy. I don’t know how I am going to get through this ![]()
I feel the same I lost my mum in 2024 29th June I miss her dreadfully
I lost my mum in 2013 I miss her too xx
Hello @Katie54,
I’m so sorry to hear that it was the first anniversary of your mum’s death last month, and that you’re missing her so much. It sounds like you’re having a really tough time at the moment, so it’s good that your sister is going to help you do a self-referral for more counselling sessions.
Whether it has been one, five or ten years since the person you’re grieving for died, coping with a death anniversary can bring about new feelings each year. You might find our support page on coping with anniversaries helpful to read.
As well as the counselling, if you need any extra support, we’re here to help. As well as the community, we also have bereavement support information and our Grief Guide self help platform. You can find out more about our bereavement services at sueryder.org/support
I’m also sorry @Cazra and @Christyg1 that you are both feeling the same after the loss of your mums. I hope you’ll both find lots of support and understanding here.
Take care and keep reaching out ![]()
Harriet
I lost my mam in June. We were very close and it’s hit me like a ton of bricks. I hate going out and when I have to do shopping it completely depletes me. I feel like I’m walking around in a haze and when I come home I end up sleeping because I’m so tired. I still cry every day and miss her so much it’s beyond any pain I think I’ve ever felt before. I have no answers for you, but wanted to send a hug and let you know you aren’t alone xx
Thanks for that it means a lot
I send a hug
back to you