Missing my mum

Hi, my mum passed away suddenly 7 months ago and I’m struggling to deal with it. I have so many emotions in my head. Ranging from Anger to guilt and disbelief to sheer overwhelming sadness.

She was the one person I could talk to about anything, i miss talking to her about life and the children. I do have people who love and care for me, a loving husband and children and wider family and friends but I feel so lonely and lost without her.

To add to our pain my father in law died a month after my mum, we also have a cv child which we have home educated him and his sister due to the pandemic on top of having a toddler who is very energetic and recently some bad news regarding my health. Really feeling the world is against us at the moment. We are under a lot of stress and wondering if anyone has experienced similar and how they are managing to navigate through these tough times? Thanks for reading

1 Like

Hi so sorry to hear what you have been through, I lost my dear mum in July this year and I’m really struggling , the waves of emotions are just so overwhelming some times, yes the feeling of guilt, anger and lost are there that feeling of being a little girl again who just needs her mum :pensive: I honestly don’t know how people cope & move forward no one can prepare you for losing a loved one the pain is so intense, I’m waiting for counselling to see if that will help to talk to someone out side the family home, my daughters are supportive and I have two brothers and still my dad but its just not the same without mum, it’s a long journey ahead for all of us, its comforting to chat on here to people who are going through the same , keep messaging on here there’s always someone to chat to, we can try to help each other through this, take care
Lynn x

1 Like

Thank you Lynn, so sorry to hear you are struggling too. I totally understand the overwhelming emotions you described. I cried in bed for two weeks solid. I still have daily cries. I really do feel like I just need my mum, I feel comfortable robbed.

Counselling seems like a good option, I’m awaiting an appointment with doctors but the soonest is in a month time. I agree talking helps, thank you for your reply. Sending a hug 🫂

1 Like