Missing My Mum

I lost my mum on Sunday lunchtime, and after two days of numbness, the emotions have hit me full force today.

She wasn’t just my mum. She was my best friend, and we lived together, just the two of us, for the last 14 years. My mum was my soulmate, and although I still have the beautiful dog we shared, I cannot imagine a future without her. Most of my happiness and contentedness came from knowing that she was happy and safe each day. Now I don’t have that. I’m so lost. I don’t want comfort from anyone else. I don’t want flowers or sympathy. I just want her.

Has anyone else lost a parent that they were so close to? How long did you feel like life wasn’t your own, or something you were sure you even wanted anymore?

Any insights would be so very very welcome.

2 Likes

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I understand how you are feeling as I have recently lost my mum too. She was the light of my life and we told each other everything. You probably feel like you have been hit by a massive tidal wave. I knew the loss would be painful but did not realise it would be physically painful as well as emotionally. I find that I just have to take one day at a time and try to get through it. It is very early on for you and what you are feeling is completely normal. I found that it hit me in massive waves. My mum has been gone for nearly six months now and it is still very hard without her. Your mum sounds like she was a great mum and this is one of the reasons she will be missed so much. Take care of yourself and I am thinking of you x

1 Like