Missing my mum

Just had a call today, that my mums ashes are ready for collection. So i will have her home with me for Christmas.
It just doesnt feel real. I expect her to talk to me and give me a hug znd tell each other we love each other. She was my best friend.
She always was with me 24/7. After my dad passed last year, i ptomised him i would look after mum, and i fid, right to her very last breath.
I dont think my broken heart will ever recover.
She was my life. Miss you do much mum. Xx

2 Likes

im so sorry you lost your mum, i also lost my mum, almost 6 weeks ago, my mum was just 64, she was my best friend and companion, my mum loved Christmas and everything about it, this Christmas will be very quiet and lonely for me , i really wish it was all over.

im really struggling with the everyday sadness, i want to tell her that the apples in booths are lovely at the moment, i want to tell her that the nescaffe in £6 in the co op,
i want to tell her that i have 4 cheese scones and would she like 2. i really miss her.
I too am strugging with people asking how i am, i just say im fine, but of course im not fine, my whole world has been turned on its head, im and very angry, i dont know where this rage has come from.

take care of yourself, your not alone

1 Like

Hi Barney2021,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum.

I lost my dad five weeks ago and I can relate to your post.

My dad was my best friend and the person who understood me better than anyone. I miss him so much and when I think about the fact that he is no longer here i find myself shaking my head in disbelief.

I have no idea what my life will look like now. It’s like a light has gone out and a life that once felt familiar and fulfilling
now feels empty and meaningless. I feel on very unsteady ground.

1 Like

Hi memberA135,

I’m sorry for the loss of your mum.

I just wanted to say that I also very much relate to your post.

My dad was a very fit and active 70 year old man. He was the person I would call about anything and everything and not being able to tell him the little things conjures up so much sadness.

I go from feeling sad to anger sometimes within a matter of minutes. Although he didn’t want to leave us, dad seemed to be ok with reaching 70. I on the other hand feel angry and cheated as it feels like he had much more life to be lived.

I feel very alone with these feelings.

1 Like