Missing my Mum

My Mum passed away at home unexpectedly in April. My daughter and I were with her when it happened and my daughter gave her CPR but it wasn’t successful. The paramedics worked on her for an hour but it was too late. The police and coroner’s office were involved because it was an unexpected death. I keep replaying mum’s final moments over and over in my mind. I can’t believe that she’s gone. I feel so lost without her.

My mum died suddenly on the 24th July. I understand your sense of loss. Yesterday was the funeral. I have spent most of today crying and also keep thinking of the moment before she died where she appeared to struggle for breath. I have nothing that will help you other than to say, I understand.

Hi Debbie
I have some understanding of how you might feel. My mum also passed away suddenly in April. My brother and Dad tried to save her but couldn’t. I feel so much regret at not being there too and being able to help. I sometimes reply the telephone conversation in my mind of being told that she had died and wonder how I would have reacted if I’d been there. My mum was the glue of our family and life is painful without her here. I don’t know about you but I miss seeing her now, miss hugging her and having her pop round for a cuppa after work on a Saturday. I feel we were just getting to know each other properly and that chance has been taken away from me. I’ve been told it’s natural to reply things in your mind so try not to worry about this too much but do try and replace those thoughts with happy memories. There’s nothing either of us can do to change how things are now x