Missing my son.

My son passed away on the 9th November 2023 aged 2.
I feel so broken and so lost. How can this be real :sob:

1 Like

Nikki i am so sad for you. Such an unthinkable thing. It feels like we are living in someone elses life. Why has it happened to us
Hope that you have support.
What happened ? If you dont mind me asking ?

1 Like

Hi, my son had a rare genetic condition called hurler syndrome. He was lately diagnosed just before his second birthday , he had a successful bone marrow transplant in August but unfortunately he picked up double pneumonia at our local hospital before being transferred back to great Ormand street. He passed away after needing to be put in to an induced coma to rest his lungs. :broken_heart:

We haven’t had any support other than from family who still don’t understand :sob:

How can we live without him. :cry:

1 Like

Hi I’m sorry for your loss I also lost my son last year 2023 so I know your pain feel free to text me if you want to to chst

3 Likes

Hi Nikki and Wendy
Nikki your son so young. Its so unfair, we think that when taken ill in hospital we can be fixed.
Both of you have lost what feels like a part of you in 2023 so your grief is so raw.
I have heard that it is helpful to have a purpose in life. I think this is true but i still struggle. My focus is my adult son and close friends. Life can be cruel and things feel upside down never the same.
I lost Elliott in 2020, so nearly 4 years. Im not going to lie it is still hard and i have breakdowns but the grief has evolved.
Somehow we go on.
I hope you both find some peace
Xxx take care and try to see some light :sparkles: to focus on
Xxx Lynne

1 Like