Missing my wife

Hello.
I need to chat to someone. My wife passed away recently and I miss her so much.

Hello Malc, I’m so sorry for the loss of your lovely wife. You have come to the right place to chat with others suffering loss and an understanding of how you feel.
It’s nearly 5 months since I suddenly lost my wife and I miss her so much. It’s a struggle coping without her but I just take it one day at a time.
I hope you have support from family and friends, although they cannot fill the huge gap in your heart.
Take care, AL

Thank you.

Hello Malc
I lost my husband in June and have struggled so much. I have bad, no awful days and better days. It really is so hard. The whole house has memories of us and our children growing up and now here I am alone.
The way I see it is I was so lucky to have him as long as I did and if I hadn’t loved him I would not be feeling so bad. Some people never have that!
He would want me to get on with my life as your wife would want you to.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

1978.Thank you for your comments and I am sorry for your loss too. I am coming round to that way of thinking, it is very hard, especially as Rose filled the whole house with her warmth, love and personality. I found myself chatting to a friend we hadn’t seen for a few months today, he was shocked but for the first time I was able to talk about her without tears.
We had a long time together, as you say, some don’t. Thank you

I just wanted to say you are not alone in your struggles.
My girlfriend/wife/best friend died six weeks ago. Another life cruelly cut short.
I hope life will gradually improve for you as you get used to the quiet empty house (I’m very much hoping for the same thing myself)

It will take some getting used to for all of us but we have to go on and hope it gets better for us. A quiet empty house says it all really, full of so many memories and one day we will smile when we remember them.

So sorry for your loss. This site is very welcoming and supportive.