Missing my younger brother

I’m finding it very difficult after losing my younger sibling on Christmas Day last year…he was the best younger brother always there now I can no longer see him physically but I still talk to him I know his spirit is around me as we were very close.I miss him terribly he will always remain in our hearts sometimes I think console myself with the thought that his at peace in no more pain in heaven a better place an angel resting with my mum&dad.I will forever celebrate his life for the special man,son and brother that he was.RIP

Hello @Cath5, I’m just letting you know I’ve moved this thread to our Losing a sibling category so you can get the right support.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your brother. Thank you for sharing a little bit about him with us.

I’m not sure if you’re getting any extra support to help you cope with your grief. If you think it could be helpful, we offer free Online Bereavement Counselling which is held via video chat.

The Compassionate Friends also offer support to people who have lost a sibling. You can find out more here: The Compassionate Friends | Siblings

Take good care and keep reaching out.

Seaneen

Thankyou much appreciated

1 Like

Hi cath5 , I lost my twin sister in December 2020 to breast cancer , they say time will heal but I don’t know when ,I’m here for a chat , Maria

Hi Maria73

Thankyou for your support I’m so sorry to read of the loss of your sister,I do believe that time is a healer and that it takes time for the pain & heartache to ease…I lost my dad in 1982 I think of him every day and still grieving for him it will always remain in me…regardless of how many years it’s been but as time goes by the grief changes you start to accept for whatever happened to your loved one it’s also good to have a faith a belief to believe your loved ones are at peace no more pain and that we will meet again :heart: