Missing you more than ever šŸ˜Ŗ

Dear NicolaS

We underestimate the impact on young children but they are so much smarter than we first give them credit for.

The eldest grandson was in hospital the first three months after his birth. My husband visited every day arriving first thing in the morning and not leaving until late at night. He just adored him. It just breaks my heart that he will not see him grow up and also the second arrival will never get to meet him. I cry every day for my husbandā€™s loss.

1 Like

Wow. Out of the mouths of babes!! Can a 6 year old process the true reality of death. Iā€™m not sure. I remember my friendā€™s father died when I was 8 years old and my mother allowed me to go to the funeral parlor with my friendā€¦. I guess as some support for her. I had never seen death up close. I remember looking at him laid out and couldnā€™t process what was happening. Completely blank. But the memory of that moment is still vivid in my mind 67 years.

You are a lovely kind person.

@Mickeyboy31 hi mickey I am so very sorry for the loss of your wife and for the heartbreak you are going through and thankyou its a lonely existence now everyday I just want to give up I donā€™t want this life without her but I have to keep on trying I canā€™t let pauline down the love we shared her memory and our pets give me strength Iā€™m often around if you ever want to chat take care sending hugs

2 Likes

Hi Casey1, I was wondering how you are and your beloved Paulineā€¦
Who would have thought I would be on here 29 weeks after my Gordon passed away and feeling so lost and alone; the pain seems to get worse, and I feel as if I am floating above everywhere and not part of anthingā€¦ A meal eaten alone, a TV programme looked at alone and no point in anythingā€¦ My little dog disappears sometimes, and I find her sleeping on his bed or on the room where he spent his last three daysā€¦ I may have to consider a hip replacement, and as I am only own with no family, how will my little dog get looked after properlyā€¦ It is a lot to ask friends to stayā€¦ No Gordon to discuss it withā€¦ I shall just want to be with himā€¦ This is all too hardā€¦

2 Likes

@Beetango hi sorry for the late reply and Iā€™m so sorry you are going through this heartbreak I know how hard and how lonely it is. Iā€™m muddling through each day as best as I can but Iā€™m just empty without pauline your dog is grieving to bless them. When will you know if you have to have the hip replacement? you are not alone there are many of us going through this heartbreak and we understand and are here for you though I know it feels like your alone I feel like that to because they were our life and now we are existing instead of living but we have to keep on trying Iā€™m here for you anytime you want to chat take care sending hugs x

2 Likes