Mister Blue Sky - Our Chris - '93/'22

My 28 year old son went into hospital on 29th December '21 after suffering from a painful back problem. The doctors did a scan and found shadows on his lungs. After a biopsy they confirmed the most devastating news to us. Our beautiful boy had a very aggressive lung cancer which was spreading everywhere through his body. He came home on January 11th '22 and passed on the 25th with his loving family around him. It has been the most awful time for all of us, we cannot get over how quickly this has happened. My heart breaks, I cry for my boy every day, it just hits me like a ton of bricks and I break down.

1 Like

Hello @iggy60 - I am so sorry about your son. This is so hard, so harsh, so painful. I cannot imagine what this was like for you and your family. Your grief is so huge, so deep. I lost my husband to blood cancer. He died the day before your son after a year of suffering. Cancer is a vicious thing, I know. Cry, cry and cry - if you can. It helps. I have not yet started grieving - so this awaits me. Know that here you will find people who understand, who completely get how you are feeling and who are here for you when you need to share how you feel. Take care, my friend.

1 Like

Hello @iggy60 This is so Painful for you. I lost my daughter who was 44 6 weeks ago. I feel your pain. Its so unexpected to lose your child and something you are never prepared for. Do not be afraid of tears cry and cry. Big Hugs

1 Like

Thank you Kath4 for your kind and understanding words. I’m so sorry you have lost your daughter, it is the most awful time and like you say, you can never be prepared for such a devastating loss. I’m trying to be strong and I hope you can be too, but as you know, that is easier said… A heart felt ‘thank-you’ and Big Hugs back.

1 Like

Hi iggy so sorry for the loss of your son so quick so traumatic .you havent had a chance to process it . This wicked cancer .its all you hear …my son passed april 27th just had his 25th birthday he had back pain in jan we fond out he had sarcoma a rare cancer in top of leg . Had travelled to lungs and bones 4 months he lasted . Sam was so brave our superhero .its just such a horrible sad mad situation .your children shouldnt go before you big hugs zoe xx

2 Likes