Mixed emotions

As much as they have lost their dad and it is devastating for them, the grief of losing a partner is very different and they won’t understand how that feels. Being on here helps with that .

1 Like

Agree totally on both things. I wished I had found this community a couple of months ago

1 Like

I felt exactly the same packing his clothes in boxes… and I really don’t want to sell the car he bought me… but I can’t afford to run two cars…:red_car: but like you feel
Like I’m erasing part of him…

I lost my husband suddenly on the 14th April 2024 , ive had no time to process things as ive had so much to sort out. But when i try too, i just breakdown in tears thinking about him. I don’t know how im going to face going back to work. I work nights as a nurse and the thought of it makes me ill. I loved my job but now it seems pointless without my husband. I need to go back due to finances as i only get paid SSP. I don’t feel i can cope with anyone else at this time.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. I’m now 6 weeks in to this and am going back work on Monday on a phased return. Like you, I struggled to take it all in and to be honest I still don’t think I have
I went in to work to see everyone for a cuppa and to get the hugs out the way before returning so maybe try that as it did help. I know I am going to cry Monday but I’m hoping as I went in, the colleagues that I don’t really work closely with will leave me alone now they have already seen me. The problem with losing someone so young is that everyone you are close to are at work so I’ve spent the last 3 weeks basically on my own all day. It does get easier to manage and once the paperwork is done , life starts to settle into a new normal. I’m trying to get on with life as I know if he was here he’d be saying sort yourself out now.

2 Likes

So sorry for the loss of your partner
You won’t have time to process anything
I’m 10 months today and it’s only just sinking … I spent the first five months on auto pilot sorting paperwork filling out forms on the phone going over what happened… then there’s the funeral to arrange bringing him home in a box in disbelief…then the anger sets in why me… why do other people get to live there life even me…it’s a tough journey to go through
You need all the support you can get from real caring friends… the fake ones will come to head filter them out… you are what’s important be kind to yourself… I spent an awful lot of time keeping busy and not properly grieving… This is an incredible trauma use this forum it’s a life saver!! you realise your not alone and everyone here can support you and is going through the same thoughts and feelings
Sending love :heart:

1 Like

PS don’t even think about work you need time to process there are lots of places for help with money to pay the bills ect…
and lots of kind souls…
get someone to help you access the government website you may be entitled to more financial help than you think…

1 Like

App good advice. I agree about this forum, I wouldn’t have coped without it at all.
Thanks to everyone.

1 Like