Mornings

Does anybody else seem to constantly be carrying around this awful butterfly/nervous/shaky feeling from the moment they wake up in the morning? It’s horrendous.

5 Likes

Hello Jean,
I am exactly the same , as soon as i open my eyes in a morning it starts . Antidepressants have helped me cope with it a bit better but still an awful feeling .
Love Angie xx

1 Like

I find the morning are worse too, my husband passed on 31/10 so early days. I have a dog and she makes me get out for walks, I do find being outside helps me.
I can’t think any further forward than a day at a time because the future just looks so empty.

2 Likes

The comments from all three of you resonate with me. I find mornings really difficult I can go off to sleep ok but once I open my eyes the anxiety kicks in and I find it hard some mornings to settle myself back down. .I too take antidepressants at night but think that perhaps they might be more effective taking them in the morning. Anxiety plays a big part in grief as we have lost so much and are having to make big afjustments to our lives. I’ve no magic wand to make it better except saying you will finf help and support on here. Shirley

1 Like

The mornings are the worst, it’s takes everything for me to get out of bed and some days I don’t . Anxiety is overwhelming and the dread of it all being real hits again and again . People keep saying it gets easier but I can’t see how . The pain hurts every day. My future has been stolen away in a matter of weeks and the only person I need to talk to , my mum was taken two weeks before my partner .

2 Likes

I am also on antidepressants for my anxiety but like all of you the mornings are worse, even though I take my tablets in the morning . It’s like a knot it my stomach that just gets tighter and tighter, I feel nauseous all the time and find it hard to eat. Not sure if there is anything the docs can do for this as I can’t stand feeling like this for much longer :sob:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way as I d never wish any one to feel this way . How long have you been taking tablets ? X

1 Like

Hi An82, I’ve been taken a low dose for sometime but the doctor recently double them as I was having so many dark thoughts, I also take chemo oil. It’s 7 weeks since my husband passed and any task I do seems huge and I get myself so worked up. I used to have no issues doing anything. Hope you have an ok day today

1 Like

It’s still early days please don’t expect to much of yourself or put yourself under to much pressure. You are doing well just getting through the day. Try and get out for some fresh air and some gentle excise look to see if there’s a widow/widowers support group near by that you could meet up with for a cuppa and a chat. Most of all look after yourself Take care x

I take medication also and In the past they worked amazing , this time they don’t seem to be cutting it the same. Keep in touch with your doctor if it doesn’t improve they can try different things. I understand everything you’re going through , I lost my partner 5 weeks ago and my mum 7 weeks ago . It all
Happened so fast and I still can’t believe it . People advise trying to do small things and in time it will get easier but I’m not sure it will ever stop hurting . Yesterday I went to the shops and I came home and sobbed , everything I do reminds me of times with my partner . I have started counselling , I’ll try anything that might help. Please keep reaching out and talking , the people on here are so nice and going through the pain and struggle themselves . Everyone is on their own journey but understand what the pain and loneliness feels like xx

1 Like

I too am doing it , I keep thinking it’s my heart. It’s like a shaking inside . It’s so bad I hate feeling like this and don’t know how to stop it. Xxxxx l lost my 32yr old son just 18days ago. I am broken

It doesn’t get easier , sadly . I wish it did xx