Mother

I lost my Mother on the 15th of May in 2020 she was diagnosed with terminal Cancer in 2019, it was a very difficult time due to the Covid Virus and the lockdown. I could not visit my Mother from February due to living in different parts of the country. I found this very hard to deal with and she passed away on the 15th of May. I received a phone call from my sister at 06.45 am to tell me that our Mother had passed away at 04.35am. I was able to travel up for the Funeral. I found this very difficult to deal with due to not seeing my Mother for about 3 months. I was coming up to help my Dad with her care for 13 months and I have just plucked up the courage to come up to visit my Dad since my Mothers Funeral.

1 Like

Hi Maggie ,
I’m so sorry for your loss and how dreadful it must have been for you not to be able to visit your mum . My mum passed away 9 weeks ago after suffering a stroke . She was in hospital for two and a half weeks and my brother and I were lucky that we were able to visit her every single day because she was seriously ill . We were both with her when she passed , holding her hand . Every day is a struggle but I fight on for mum and I hope I am making her proud . It’s good that you now feel able to visit your dad . Take care and thinking of you.
Love Angie xx

Thank you Angie it is hard due to the hospice saying that I was travelling up from Cornwall and due to the Covid 19 lockdown. I would not be able to visit incase I caught the virus on root. I did understand this due to the virus taking up to a week to come out in your system. I have been up to see my Dad he is a lot better now. I came back and became very ill with an infection.I am hope fully getting over that now. I found very strange going back to the house where my Mum lived for over 30 years. I did manage to get through the week with the help of my Brother and Dad so hopefully I will be able to get up to see them again before Christmas :confused:

1 Like

Hello Maggie ,
Good to hear you managed to get through your visit , it would seem very strange your mum not being there . Mum lived with me and eleven weeks later I still walk into the living room and expect to see her sitting in her favourite chair . Sorry to hear you have been ill and hope you will soon be fully recovered . Christmas is a time I am dreading this year :disappointed:.
Thank you for replying and take care of yourself.
Love Angie xx