Mothering Sunday

My beautiful Mummy died in May so this will be the first Mothering Sunday since then. I seem to have received emails from EVERY company I have ever bought any thing from saying “Treat your Mum!” Or “Show your Mum you care!” And then the constant TV adverts. Was it like this every other year?! I am a Mother myself so I will have to be brave and try not to be too miserable tomorrow for the sake of my children. We used to spend Mothering Sunday together and the void is huge.

Hi Rebecca,

I’m so sorry to hear about the death of your mother and how hard it has been in the run-up to Mothering Sunday.

How was your day yesterday? I hope that you were able to spend some time with your children and also remember your mum.

1 Like

Thank you for your message. I baked nearly all day to distract myself. My children bought me flowers and made a card and I spent time with my Dad. I hope that you had a good day

Baking can be very therapeutic for a lot of people, I think. It sounds as though your children are very sweet and caring.