Mothers Day without my son

Hello everybody who has lost a mum and a child.Mothers day so hard.I lost my mum many years ago still love her miss her and think of her often.Last year I lost my son I am a widow 12 years .He was our only child.Mothers day he always gave me a card and wrote lovely words in them .He had a way with words had been through alot and showed his love and appreciation of my support in his words as well as his actions…I have kept his cards from the last 12 years cant read them though I cry every day so I know I would be in a worse state if I reread them.Come Sunday I have decided to visit my hubby and sons grave and have then booked afternoon tea on my own.Strange I know but it will be a long sad day at home alone.My siblings and friends will be with their children and even though I have had invites do not feel or want to be with them or depress them.I go out often with friends or family for afternoin tea love it.Sunday will be different but just hope I can keep myself together.Love to all you mums out there who have lost a child and to all if you that have lost a mum Marg xxxxx

1 Like

Hi @Marg1,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum, son and husband. That sounds incredibly difficult.

I understand that Mother’s Day and the lead-up to it can often serve as a painful reminder to you.

There is no right or wrong way to spend the day, but I’m glad you’re spending it in a way that’s right for you.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care of yourself,
Becca :blue_heart:
Online Community Team

Marg I get what you feel. I am coming up on my 5th mother’s day. My son died the day before mother’s day. Its my favorite holiday. I have yet to celebrate it. Hang in there.