Moving back home

Hi all,

I suddenly lost my partner of 18 years in Feb 22. He was 36 and we have a 4 year old daughter.

Struggling most days but my daughter gets me through.

When it happened I stayed at my parents house for a few weeks, then stayed staying back at our home , then the end of march my little girl got chicken pox and we was unable to get out the house but give me very bad anxiety and stress. Since then I have stayed at parents house and don’t like being alone in our house doesn’t feel the same anymore doesn’t feel.like our home, which may sound silly.

I really want to come home but my anxiety levels go through the roof.

Anyone been in a similar situation.

Should I just try my best to get back home

Claire xxx

1 Like

Dear @Claire84

I am sorry for the loss of your partner and I apologise for the delay in replying.

I personally not have been in this situation. When you lose a loved one, being at home without them is very empty and your routine changes. It is especially hard and scary as you have relied on your partner to do everything such as servicing the car, emptying the bins and may be taking care of the finances.

You need to take it slowly and be gentle with yourself. Take it one day at a time. Have you considered talking to your GP about your anxiety and to see what support they can offer you and offer you Counselling should you wish to take it?

The Samaritans are available on 116 123 for free (UK only) if you need someone to talk to. Alternatively you can email jo@samaritans.org, the response time is 24 hours.

You are not alone, please continue to reach out.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Thanks for replying.

Am getting 121 councilling at the moment.

It’s the evening when house is so quite and the little one is in bed, it’s horrible. An we still have loads of unanswered questions too.

Xxx

1 Like

Hi Claire84
I’ve just come across your post. My heart goes out to you losing your partner at such a young age ( I have a daughter of a similar age to you I guess)
My husband died last November and I can empathise with the lonely evenings and empty house. My daughter and son in law were with me at the weekend now the house is silent.
I can only say be kind to yourself, if you need want to stay at your parents do so. Welcome their love and support, take each hour as it comes. You don’t have to be by yourself. I can’t imagine how my daughter would be if she was coping with what you are going through… losing her dad was traumatic enough
On a positive note for us my daughter is now pregnant, a little light in our darkness
Take little steps, you are not alone
With kind thoughts x

1 Like