Moving Back Home

Hi everyone
I’m new here. My flatmate died last November… We shared a flat because my friend Billy needed someone to be his carer after he left the hospital following a life-saving operation that left him permanently disabled with high support needs.

We moved in together in February 2014 and now I want to go back home to Gosport in Hampshire as I relocated to Eastbourne to be Billy’s carer. I am now looking for retirement housing as my health has suffered from being a carer for 9 years without a break.

I’m very happy to chat on here. If you have any questions, please go ahead and ask away

1 Like

Hello @GOSPORTNANCY,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing your story. I’m so sorry to hear about your flatmate. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

@Alex . Just wanted to say how helpful the text messages have been in the last 6 months or so. I have a group on Social media where I share the message content with other people who have said they have been helped this way.