Moving on

My best friend, my husband, died four years ago. I would really like a male friend to dress up for, go out with, plan with. The other day I joined a dating app. Our time. Immediately I was contacted, we chatted for a while , then made an arrangement to meet for a coffee. I cancelled at the last minute because I felt so guilty. Should I have done? I didn’t tell my children, I think it’s their reaction I worry about. Opinions please:

1 Like

Hello I think 4 years is a long time and if you feel ready to meet someone that is absolutely fine, your children should want you to be happy again

2 Likes

I would say nothing ventured nothing gained. So give it a try .if doesn’t work at least you tried x

1 Like

I’d say go for it. It’s not 4 months, it’s 4 years. Unfortunately like my husband they ain’t coming back. You shouldn’t have to be unhappy forever. I’m sure your husband wouldn’t have wanted that. Even if you’re kids are weird about it at first they’ll come around.

It might be a disaster, but all make good stories in the future. You won’t know, if you don’t try. Good luck xx

2 Likes