Mum’s funeral

My darling Mum died 5 weeks ago and it’s her funeral in 2 days. How do I get through it? I miss her so much.

my mums funeral is on the 22nd, we will get trough this we have to for them

1 Like

My mum died 3 months ago and it was sudden and unexpected and ive been in shock ever since and suffering with anxiety. For me i was a mess just thinking about the funeral. However i have to say it went really well on the day. I managed to get across mums humour in the tribute whoch put smiles on all of our faces and to be honest i felt a great sense of relief when it was done, knowing she would have appreciated the funeral and was at rest. The thought is actually worse than the event. You will get through it and make her proud x

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Gran 5 weeks ago, her funeral was a couple of weeks after and I also felt that I would not cope. But you will get through it. It’s the hardest day to experience and you might not remember parts of your Mum’s service but that’s normal, it’s our brains way of protecting us from things that are too much. I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness but I am reaching out for support, here being one, do the same if that’s what feels right for you. Everyone’s grief is different, take it a day at a time, or hour at a time, you are not alone in the way you feel.

1 Like

My mum died on 14th April and funeral was 10th May. i did not deal with my grans funeral well so was dreading this one. In fact, it went better than I thought and I did my mum proud, she would have liked the service and we are heart broken but it ripped a plaster off I think.

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss @scg63 . I completely understand your feelings and fears, ahead of the funeral of your much loved Mum. I was in this position just after Christmas as my Dad’s funeral was about 5 weeks after he passed and I was absolutely dreading the day. Just didn’t know how I’d be able to get through such a sad day and to then have to make conversation with friends and family after the service. The complete opposite of all I’d dreaded was the reality and the service was so gentle and uplifting and I knew my Dad would have been so proud of all we’d done to make the day a perfect goodbye to such an amazing person. Try and see it as a celebration of your Mum and all she did with the time she had. You will get through the day because your Mum will be in your heart then and always.
Sending you :heart:

2 Likes

I agree Jess. The chaplain said to me to look at the funeral as a celebration of her life and thats exactly what we did. Approaching it from that direction really helps

2 Likes

Thank you so much. :heart:

1 Like

well we are here for our mum’s funerals. Celebrate their lives

1 Like

Hope it goes ok tomorrow, please do see it as a celebration of how wonderful she was, what she achieved and she will be with you there too

1 Like