Mum

Hi just need someone to talk to. My mum has terminal cancer. I’ve not been sleeping because I’m so scared

You’re not alone. I was in your position 4 years ago to the minute with my Dad. How are you doing?

Hi. Thankyou for replying m. I’m not great. I have an 11 yr old so I’m trying to be strong but it’s so hard especially with me being so close to my mum. I’m sorry for the loss of your brother

1 Like

Don’t be scared, be prepared because when your mum does die it will hit you hard… my mum passed beginning of september, I wasnt ready for this to be so soon. It was a complete whirlwind of emotions a complete mess for 3 days, wouldn’t eat, but I have a dog that needs me… make sure all your mums affairs are in order, make sure you know exactly what she wants…yes it will be hard, but you need to face it or you will find it very hard when she does pass.

1 Like

Thankyou xxx

1 Like

It’s a horrible thing for anyone to go through, to watch a loved one suffer is horrendous. My kids were 3, 5 and 10 when I lost my dad, he was my best friend, if it wasn’t for the kids, I don’t think I could have kept going to be honest. Just keep talking to your mum, talk about your memories, things you’ve loved doing together over the years, make her smile. I don’t know what stage your mum is at, but her knowing you are there will be great comfort for her

2 Likes