Mum

I lost mum on 6th feb 23. Funeral was last saturday 11th march. She was in intensive care in hastings since 11th december. Her gallbladder burst. She fought hard for 2 months and was doing really well. She had an op on xmas day. She had another infection and they could no longer treat with antibiotics. She was a really good 79 year old. I feel gutted she was my best friend. I feel lost. Not been to work since 11th december. I am a part time carer in community. I dont know what to do. X

4 Likes

Hello, I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum. Is awful isn’t it. Welcome to the site. Everybody on here is also grieving and adjusting to the new normal / it isn’t easy. Mothers Day tomorrow will be hard on all of us. My Mum passed unexpectedly on the 27th December. I was off work for nearly two months. I’m a social worker and just couldn’t face it. I’m still struggling on so many levels but losing myself in the busyness of it all. Keep reaching out and I’ll write more when i can. Take care, Jules

3 Likes

Jack so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum :pensive:.

The feeling is unbearable and suffocating. The desperation is so great but there is nothing you or anyone else can do.
Moment by moment take each time. And reach out as we all know the pain you are going through. Nothing will make it go away but will give you the opportunity to get your thoughts out here. Take care truly. Rob

So sorry for your loss, it’s so very difficult isn’t it? My Mum died suddenly at the end of January. I’ve used a lot of the online resources to help process all of this grief. Taking each day as it comes and knowing that everyone grieves in their own way is helpful. I hope you have people around you to offer compassion and support.

1 Like

@Rosiepink thank you so much. My husband is my rock , really appreciate your words :pray:t2:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your mom, Jack123ie. I lost my mom on 8th March after living with her for over 90 years. In a way, it was a blessing because she had been suffering for some years and lately it got a lot worse. I didn’t have a clue how badly I would be affected after her death even though we all knew it was coming. There are so many reminders around the house that spark memories of her and I often burst into tears at the realization she isn’t here anymore. I know what you mean about your mom being your best friend. She was the closest human being to me because I never married or had kids so I guess that makes the loss even worse. I was her main carer and even though it was challenging it did give me a purpose in life. Now, all | have is me to look after which just isn’t the same. My dad died in 2002 and although he is missed it simply isn’t on the same level as my mom. I’m sure your mom would want you to look after yourself and not allow yourself to become ill through bereavement so at least for her benefit please try to carry on as best you can and, hopefully, the pain will eventually lessen.

3 Likes

Hello, i too lost my mum on the 6th Feb this year, it was really sudden. Even writing those words i still cant believe it. I cannot accept the fact i will never see her again or hear her voice. Im new to this forum so trying to see if i can find some comfort here.

4 Likes