Mum

My mum passed away three weeks ago and my brothers and I were with her when she passed away at home, it is the hardest thing I have ever Done In my life. My mum was 91 and passed away four days before her 92nd birthday, I feel so lucky to have her in my life for so long but I miss her so much I was always on the phone to her we spoke most days. I keep crying, I feel exhausted and I don’t handle stress very well I suffer with ibs so that has flared up. I lost my dad 9years ago and I didn’t cope very well then. I tried to see my doctor she phoned me up and said all my symptoms are the process of grieving and it’s early days yet, so if the doctor won’t listen who is there to talk to.

Hi. Dream. I am so sorry for your loss. Now that is a platitude you may have heard a dozen times, but when it’s said on here it has meaning because it’s sincere, and we all know what this bereavement journey is like. Three weeks is very early days so give it time. But time and patience are not always available in our minds. For some time yet the pain will be there, but acceptance is needed. It’s a process this grief and it can’t be hurried. It’s so good you came on here. Everyone is so kind and helpful. I know, words are just words at the moment and so inadequate. Let time pass. Try not to be impatient with time. Take care.

1 Like

Thankyou your words mean a lot. I am going to take one day at a time and talk more to family and friends about the way I feel.