Mum's birthday - the first one without her

My amazing Mum :heart:

I stayed up for midnight as I always do on your birthday to tell you how special you are and how much I love you.

You should have been turning 68 today and we should be going shopping and out for food together.

We went to York for it last year, before we had any clue you were ill. The way your face lit up at every little thing we did, your joy was truly my joy. Absolutely nothing in life made me as happy as seeing you smile.

We would probably end up in Pandora choosing something nice for you, so I will go and do that later today.

I will find ways to honour you and mark your birthday because even though my heart is aching and heavy, you are far too special not to.

I love you Mummy xxxxxx

14 Likes

Beautiful. Well done. What a lovely way to celebrate her memory.

1 Like

What a lovely way to celebrate your mums birthday, and such lovely words to express yourself :heart:

1 Like

Touching, I hope you are coping ok?

2 Likes

Thanks Keith.
I managed to go to York. It was bittersweet but im glad i did it.
My mental health is quite bad at the moment but hanging on as best I can

1 Like

@stardust2023 it sounds as though you & your mum have such a close & special bond & enjoyed special times together. I hope you felt her with you in some way.
Your getting by as best you can & everyone on here is here for you when you need us. Sending hugs you hugs.x

1 Like

That’s all you can do as all of us. Live day by day and if possible set out daily goals to achieve.

3 Likes