My 4 year old baby

I’ve recently lost my baby to cancer I’m suffering with bad panic attacks I’m angry and I’m not sleeping at all I have two younger babies who need me but I am so drained and so confused I don’t know how to fix this my whole body hurts I just need my baby back my first born

2 Likes

Hello @Keishia, I am so sorry for the loss of your 4 year old - that is absolutely devastating. Many of our members have experienced the tragic loss of a child and will understand some of what you’re going through.

It sounds like your loss is very new and raw. Panic attacks, anger and not sleeping are all symptoms of grief but if it is becoming too much, please do think about talking to your GP. You don’t have to go through this alone. Child Bereavement Trust supports families who have lost a child. They also support children who are grieving. It might be helpful, when you feel ready, to get in touch with them. They have a helpline you can call on 0800 02 888 40

Please do keep reaching out, we are listening.

Take care
Seaneen

Hi Keisha. I’m so sorry for you loss I feel your pain I lost my daughter Katie many yrs ago she was a baby I was completely devastated. But over the years I learned to live with my grief but in Jan this yr I lost my youngest daughter Leah to breast and liver cancer she was 25 yrs and a devoted mum to her little boy I know how you are feeling it’s very raw but keep coming on here everyone will support you the best we can. Bless you shellyanne

Losing a child for whatever reason cuts so deep and will be raw and painful but I do agree that you need to see your GP to get some help through these early times. I suffer from panic attacks and I know how terrifying they can be but your GP can help with that too. Focus on you and your younger babies and let the grief process guide you. It’s okay to be angry and confused. Hang on in there. Sending you hugs