My beautiful 21 year old daughter is gone

My daughter took her own life on the 4th of June. I don’t know how to live without her. I don’t know how to stop the pain. I don’t know how to behave. I’m scared to go out, I can’t eat and feel constantly sick. My husband and 15 year old son are hurting and I can’t help them. My son hasn’t cried and I worry for him. How do we go on?

Dear Arisaig.

The worst thing in the world has happened to you and your family, I am so sad for you all.
I hope you can all help each other in your grief. There is a special support group for what’s happened to you. I think the mentor may be able to to help you.

Take care, J x

Arisaig, I feel for you, I really do. I read your post with tears in my eyes because I know what you’re going through. My 35 year old daughter took her own life 18 months ago. The pain, physical and emotional, was unbearable. Right now you probably feel you’ll never come through it but stay close to your husband and son, grieve together, that’s all you can do, support each other and be kind to yourself. Your whole world has been turned upside down, there is no normal anymore, so just do what you’re comfortable doing. Thinking of you and wishing you strength. Kathy xx

Dear Arisaig,
I am so desparately sorry this has happened to you. My daughter, Gemma, also took her own life on February 1st and it is the worst thing any of us can ever go through.
I felt (and still do at times) that I was going completely mad. My whole world had come crashing down and I am completely heartbroken.
I hope you will find, however, that gradually you will feel calmer and not so tearful all the time.
As Kathy said, stay close to your family and don’t be hard on yourself. Don’t put yourself under too much pressure.
I find that posting here has helped me so much. Everyone has gone through a similar life-shattering experience and they really do understand.
Sending you lots of love xxx