My beautiful mum

Nearly 5 weeks now and it’s getting harder :sob:how can I get rid of this pain I’m not coping

Hello @Lock,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your mum that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Seaneen

Hello, I lost my beautiful Mother on 27th December 2022. Is five weeks ago and I’m sat here in tears writing this. You are not alone in how you are feeling and it’s ok. I was due to return to work a few weeks ago ( social worker) but I just can’t. How can I when I feel so broken… A wise friend told me that our relationship with our Mum will never end. I got some comfort from that thought but I want to hear her voice and see her face. I hope it will get better… Do not feel bad for feeling like you can’t go on. You will but it’s ok to feel so bad. Is still so raw…

I lost my mum suddenly on 29th Dec heart attack and I found her at home. I went back to work last week and HR said this is my first step to moving forward. I am still trying to process that she is no longer here and work is keeping me distracted.
Definitely not alone in how you feel and no 2 days are the same, sometimes the grief just takes over and its like nothing I have ever experienced. Life will never be normal as I knew it as she is not here and I just need to keep taking it a day at a time for mine and my sons sake.
Take care x

I lost my Dad suddenly on 12 Dec. I’m still trying to process he’s not here, when I look at his photos I can’t believe he’s gone. I’m so heart broken… I feel your pain, just take one day at a time x

Hi @Lock - honestly 5 weeks is nothing, it’s just the first step on a very long and dark journey. I’m roughly at the same point and feeling as bad as you. I’m told that after a year we might begin to feel slightly normal again, but we’ll never be as we were, and I don’t expect to be. Right now I have no interest in anything, no enthusiasm for anything, can’t feel any real happiness and all I want to do is sleep. I think all we can do is try to get through each day.

1 Like

Hi Julest
Just read your post.
Think of yourself and see if you can have more time off even if it’s sick leave.Speak with your boss and even go back on for a day or something.Work will be a distraction and give you something else to focus on but only return when you are ready to. Your friend said some wise words.The vicar who did my my mum’s funeral told me that when we love someone so much a golden thread is woven between them ensuring they are always together.
Thinking of you x
Deborah x