My beloved mum

Never known pain like the pain of grief. Every bone in my body hurts and longs to have mum back with me. Mum was 93, we can’t stay on this earth forever, but I was convinced I had at least another few years with her. I was her carer, a huge hole has been left in my heart. I feel, guilty, angry, and at 58 didn’t comprehend how much I would weep for my mum. Your forever your mother’s child, although I had the ‘mother’ role in later years.

2 Likes

I understand the pain you must be going through @Cenic. Grieving is grieving at any age, I lost my mom 6 months back and she was 56 and I was 25, she was perfectly well and had no illness or any symptons, the worst we share the same birthdate. Your first relationship is always with your mom, right? so its natural to feel the pain and the anger. This is a great community that has helped me and is currently helping me. Please stay strong and please feel free to express everything you are feeling. Take your time and also focus on your health

2 Likes

Hello. I really feel for you. I cared for my mum until she died almost 2 years ago but I still miss her every day. I’m 53 and she was 91, and as you say, that’s a good age… but nothing can prepare you for being without them, can it? Nobody is as completely on your side as your mum, and we were such friends. Someone said ‘Grief is love with nowhere to go’ and I know in my heart that it’s a wonderful thing that we had Mums that we miss so badly now that they’re gone, not that it’s much comfort. Sending love to you. x

2 Likes