my best friend, the other half of me.

hey,
my name is Rachel, im not sure how this works, but ill give it a go, here’s my story.
my best friend, was admitted to hospital on, December 22nd just gone, she had a really bad chest infection, shes suffers with asthma, so as a precaution they sent in her in, we were ll under the impression she maybe had covid, but after collapsing twice trying to walk to the toilet, without oxygen, they finally sent her for an MRI, to which they discovered she has lung cancer, they done a biopsy two days later and sent her home on the Sunday, she went for another scan, then Thursday just gone my friend and her daughters went back to the hospital to get results, long story short, its an aggressive fast growing single cell cancer, its in her chest wall, lungs around her heart and lymp nodes as well as her spine, she was told without chemo, she has got a couple of week at best, with chemo it could be a couple of months, that is were she is now as im writing this, she is up valindre having her chemo.
I dont even know why im telling you all this, but, oh I dont know, im trying to be brave when im with her but the truth of it is im absolutely devastated, the knots in my stomach won’t go away, I feel sick every minute of the day and night, the tears, just when I think there is no way I could cry any more, it starts again, I just cant cope with it, I mean how the hell waasent this picked up earlier, it so advanced.

3 Likes

Rachel, I can hear the pain you are in and what a wonderful friend you are. I think what is happening to you is that you are grieving the loss of your friend as you knew her and understanding that her life and yours will never be the same. Please try and enjoy ever minute with her.
Your last question regarding finding it earlier, you have already answered, it fast moving and aggressive, so please don’t worry about how long it’s been there.
Chemotherapy can be devastating to the patient, family and friends and it can take its toll on her physically appearance. Just be there for her and her family they will all need your support and love. You take care and I am sending big hugs and blessings to you all. S xxx

3 Likes