My Big Brother gone

Where do I start , I feel kind of silly text into my phone. Well here it goes ……. I lost my big brother (5 year older than me) last Monday . It’s all be a huge shock for all the family members but for friends as well. I was only speaking to him the night before and making plans. I’m trying to hold things together for reminding family , my job and my four old. Call it male pride but I never really asked anyone for help or support, let alone strangers. I had two days off work then threw myself back in but I think that was just shock . I haven’t slept well and keep waking up at night, the same time I got the call . Heads a mess ……… I feel Shocked, Angry, disappointed and broken.

Hello @Littlebrother,

I can see you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I’m so sorry for the loss of your big brother than brings you here. Well done on reaching out - we know it can be hard to take that step.

I’m not sure if you saw @judgefudge thread - they posted just a little while after you. Sadly, they’ve also recently lost their brother. Maybe you can chat to each other? You may understand some of what each other are going through. Their thread is here:

Your loss is so very recent, you will be going through so many different feelings right now. You might find some of our resources helpful in coping with your grief.

Take good care - you are not alone.

Seaneen

So sorry to read of your loss. How are you doing?