My birthday

It’s my birthday today and it all feels very strange. Woke up and opened my birthday cards on my own I always used to pass them to mark after I opened them for him to see them. My sister and brother in law were supposed to be coming to see me today but she rang to say he has tested positive for covid so they wouldn’t be able to come. Made me feel really down because I knew I would just be spending the day alone. Going out for a meal tonight with my daughter and son in law and a couple of friends. But missing my special person more than ever today xx

5 Likes

Birthday wishes being sent to you Barbara xxxx
I wish I could come and give you a hug and enjoy just having a chat. I know how horrible birthdays on your own are and have a few now on my own, I haven’t an answer to how to make them better.
Enjoy your meal tonight and try not to think of times before, just keep telling yourself ‘don’t go there’ and smile. Best wishes just for you. S xx :bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

2 Likes

Thanks susie. I am pleased to be going out tonight and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it once I’m there. Everything just feels different doesn’t it nomatter what you do xx

Happy birthday Barbara. I do hope you are enjoying your meal out tonight. You will miss your special person more than ever but I hope you manage ok.
Janey xx

1 Like

Hi Barbara, I saw your post and it resonated with me. My birthday was 14 Feb. Although I did not lose a spouse, I lost my beloved Sister who was my “partner” and best friend in life. It was just the two of us since our parents died. We always shared our birthdays and I also miss those meaningful moments that made the day so special. Since she died birthdays are now lonely reminders of another year without her love, laughter and light. So I blow out a candle on a cupcake, and tell her how much I love and miss her, and how my birthday will never be the same without her. This is my way of still celebrating my birthday with her. Glad you were not alone on your birthday, but understand missing and needing to be with your special person. Take care Xxxx

2 Likes

Hi JaneyS
Had a lovely meal and actually enjoyed the night out.
Back home on my own now and can’t see me going out the next few days the way the weather is xx

1 Like

So glad you enjoyed it Barbara. I know about the weather, it sounds dreadful out there. Doubt I’ll go far tomorrow either.
xx

1 Like

Hi sister2
Special occasions will never be the same without our loved ones but we have to try and celebrate the best we can because that is what they would want us to do
Xx

2 Likes